Residents in the Town and Village of New Paltz water districts were warned by village officials early Monday to not drink their tap water. Local officials, aided by the New Paltz Department of Pubic Works, have set up several distribution points to provide water:
- Village Hall, 25 Plattekill Avenue
- A 6,000 gallon tanker has been in the Village Hall’s parking lot since early Monday afternoon. The tanker is self-serve and is available 24 hours a day. Residents must bring their own containers.
- Thousands of bottled waters have also been available since Monday night. Residents are limited to 5 bottles, or one case per household.
- SUNY New Paltz, 100 Hawk Drive
- A large tanker is available at Peregrine Dining Hall, though students should bring their own containers. There is a limited number of containers at the Campus Auxiliary Services Office at the dining hall.
- A new supply of bottled water arrived Tuesday morning at Hugo’s in the Student Union building.
- Meadowbrook Apartments, 914 Meadowbrook Circle
- A 500-gallon tanker is available 24 hours a day near Unit 512. Residents must bring their own containers
- Huguenot Apartments, 45 North Chestnut Street
- A 500-gallon tanker is available 24 hours a day at the back of the parking lot. Residents should enter from Front Street and must bring their own containers.
Residents are free to use the SUNY tanker, and SUNY students are free to get water from any of the distribution points in town. Local officials are in the midst of setting up additional distribution points, and this article will be updated as they become active.